San Francisco Opera Guild Education
Professional Opera Singers/Teaching Artists
Auditions – Opera Together Program Fall 2023
The Elixir of Love
San Francisco Opera Guild will be touring the Bay Area and Northern California with in-school performances of Donizetti’s The Elixir of Love in fall of 2023. This 45-minute reduction of the classic opera includes musical excerpts and spoken dialogue in English, featuring qualified professional singers in the three leading roles of Adina (soprano), Nemorino (tenor), and Dulcamara (baritone), along with students from each school in smaller spoken and choral roles. There will be four casts to accommodate the large volume of performances.
Artists must provide their own local housing and have their own reliable transportation to schools throughout the Greater Bay Area, and be available Mon-Fri (9:00am-2:00pm) for the entire length of the contract.
Stage Director: Nicolas A. Garcia
Music Director: Paul Dab
Weekday daytime coachings/rehearsals: 8/28/2023-9/22/23
School performance dates: 10/02/2023-12/08/2023 (Weekday, daytime)
Public performance dates: 12/12/2023 & 12/13/2023 (Evening performances)
AUDITION BY INVITATION ONLY UPON SUBMISSION
- Monday, May 22 (10am-4pm), with callbacks on Wednesday, May 24 (2pm-6pm) at Moon School at 42nd Street Moon, 250 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA 94102
- Applicants will be expected to prepare required musical excerpts from the opera in addition to a second aria upon request. A pianist will be provided.
- Proof of vaccination and Photo ID required for in-person auditions. Masks optional.
- Rehearsal/Coaching: $1,200
- Performance: $200/school visit + tolls and mileage reimbursement
TO APPLY AND FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Please submit cover letter, current headshot and resume for review to Caroline Altman, Director of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org. If selected for an audition, we will follow up with you via email.
San Francisco Opera Guild is an equal opportunity employer committed to representation, inclusion and diversity in casting, employment, and programming.