Donate your valuable time and skills to the Opera and reap rewards like an annual reception honoring our volunteers, invitations to dress rehearsals, and discounts in the Opera Shop.
- Help at outdoor public events, social fundraisers, or award-winning educational programs
- Help with clerical projects in the office
- Work in the Opera Shop during performances and outdoor events
- Assist with War Memorial Opera House tours
- Serve refreshments backstage to artists
- Become a member of one of the SFO Guild chapters
To learn about becoming a volunteer usher during performances, email Ushers@SFOpera.com
Supernumeraries are people of all ages who share the stage with operatic artists. Supers volunteer their time and act on the stage as non-speaking, unpaid "extras."
Supers can play soldiers, townspeople, nuns, Gypsies, as well as many other important stage-filling roles. A Super's enthusiasm and cooperation is an important part of the Company's great spirit.
Who It's For
Anyone interested in being on stage. Supers can be any age, shape or size. The roles are non-speaking and unpaid.
How to Become a Super
Please see application details below.
Please contact email@example.com.
How to Apply
Please fill out the appropriate form as thoroughly as possible.
Submit applications, preference form along with a full-length photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
San Francisco Opera
301 Van Ness Ave
San Francisco, CA 94102
Please be aware that super roles are limited and are cast at the discretion of the stage director. We will not be able to use all people who apply.