PURPOSE: The Merola Scheduler is responsible for all scheduling needs for the Merola Opera Summer Training Program.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- Production related experience in theater or opera a strong plus
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Opera production scheduling and opera repertoire preferred.
- MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Communicate in a clear, professional, and respectful manner by phone, in writing and in person.
- Establish effective working relationships and interact effectively with a wide range of personalities and working styles.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Independent worker.
- Take initiative and work with confidence.
- Anticipate and solve problems quickly.
- Recall a large quantity of names, dates, and times.
- Sit at a computer/desk for up to and over eight hours per day.
- Work weekends and evenings as necessary.
- Work well under pressure.
- Ability to self-start and prioritize multiple tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works as a member of the San Francisco Opera Center and handles all scheduling needs for the Merola Opera Summer Training Program.
- Generate and distribute Daily and Bi-weekly schedules for Merola Opera Training Program
- Sends Daily Schedule to all Merola participants, faculty and staff
- Works with Merola Production Staff to assure staging and production needs are met
- Works with Merola Faculty to coordinate coachings and classes
- Schedules costume fittings with Costume Shop
- Coordinates with San Francisco Opera’s Scheduling Department and San Francisco Conservatory of Music regarding space needs
- Coordinates Zoom rooms and links for virtual instruction
- Opens coaching rooms as necessary
- Assist Opera Center Administrative Director with other duties as assigned
E-mail required cover letter, job application, and résumé to [email protected] or fax to (415) 634-0203. No phone calls please. San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted job openings.
Vaccination policy: San Francisco Opera has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy, which requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID to perform work for the company or have been approved for an accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Within 24 hours of accepting a conditional offer of employment with SF Opera, individuals must either submit proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID or submit to the human resources department a medical or religious exemption from the vaccination policy. If proof of vaccination is not provided and a request for an exemption is either not submitted in the time frame stated or not granted, the conditional offer of employment will be null and void by its own terms as the condition will not have been fulfilled. Individuals receiving a conditional offer of employment from SF Opera will be provided the full text of the vaccination policy.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SAN FRANCISCO OPERA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF